Credit Unions are member-owned cooperatives - often called co-op (prounounced as two words co-op; not coop like in chicken).
A co-op is an organization owned and operated for the benefit of those who use it (the members).
Cooperatives world-wide function using similiar International Cooperative Principles, which include:
- Open and Voluntary Membership
- Democratic Member Contral (one member/one vote)
- Cooperation Amongst Coopertives
- Concern for the Community
- Volunteer Driven (board and committee members are volunteers)
ICCU is proud to "cooperate with cooperatives" by supporting local efforts, like the Green Tree Cooperative Grocery.
214 North Franklin Street
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858