Community Involvement & Credit Union Uniqueness
ICCU's Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 19th at 6:00 p.m.
The event will be held at the Main Office on Isabella Road, in the 2nd floor community room.
A formal business meeting will be held, including election of volunteers. Refreshments and door prizes will also be offered. ICCU members of all ages are welcome. Only those over 18 and in good standing are eligible to vote.
ICCU is proud to support the following community events, either with financial or in-kind donations:
- 4-H Small Animal Auction at the Isabella County Youth and Farm Fair
- "Stuff the Bus"- United Way Back-to-School donations
- Alzheimer's "MOVE ON" Walk -- Contact Debra Recker at 989-572-8495 for details
- "Live Strong-Ride United" -- United Way of Isabella County. Call 989-773-9863
- Rotary Radio Auction -- Held at ICCU each fall
- "Into the Light" Cancer Awareness Walk. ICCU and it's members raised $1,409
- Community Giving Pie Sale: Held the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving (see below).
- Junior Achievement (JA) presentations in the classroom and on Job Shadow Day
- Isabella Community Food Pantry giving -- Ongoing; collection bins at ICCU offices
Rock On For Woodland Hospice: A special thank you to ICCU member-owners for helping to raise over $370 during the "ROCK ON!" for Woodland Hospice.
9th Annual Community Giving Pie Sale -- Credit Union employees bake pies for the annual pie sale held the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving at ICCU offices. Stop by any ICCU office on November 26 & 27 and purchase a pie!
ICCU would like to thank the following local businesses who have donated pies throughout the years, including: Ric's Food Center, Max & Emily's, Gordon Food Service, Kroger, Sam's Club and Stan's Famous Restaurant.
Events like this would not be possible if it weren't for the caring nature of the ICCU members, who donate and support these community focused projects. THANK YOU member-owners!
Isabella Community Food Pantry -- Members and employees have donated more than 100 bags of food to the Isabella Community Food Pantry. To contribute, donation boxes are available at ICCU locations.
International Credit Union Day
This international event is celebrated the third Thursday in October of each year.
Credit Unions from Afganistan to Tanzania share in this global event. More than 53,000 credit union in 100 countires across the world share in the celebration of member-owners realizing 180 million members world-wide.
To learn more about credit unions across the globe, visit the WORLD COUNCIL of Credit Unions website.