ID Theft Web Resources
ID theft can happen to anyone, at any time. The resources can help you if you have become a victim, or if you wish to learn more so it's less likely to happen to you.
As always, your credit union offers free support and assistance. Contact Financial Services for help.
Warning: Not all ID Theft sites on the web are safe. Some are designed to intentionally scam you. A good rule of thumb is to use .org websites rather than .com websites.
Trusted ID Theft/Fraud Websites:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) - Protecting American Consumers
- FTC - Identity Theft Site - Direct link to the ID theft section of the national government website.
This is an quality resource to help you before, during and after being a victim of ID Theft.
- "Take Charge: Fighting Back Against ID Theft" - Includes step-by-step instructions, forms and who to contact -- an exceptional resource!
- Get a Free Credit Report - Click or call 877-322-8228 for a free report once every 365 days. Easy to understand answers to frequenty asked questions (FAQ's). Not all sites are free!
- Michigan State Police - ID Theft Links
- Identify Theft Resource Center