ICCU is collecting items for moms in need at all offices! Donated items will be picked up on May 14th and delivered to Women's Aid Service on Mother's Day.
Needed Items (New or Unused items only, please)
Personal Hygiene products:
- Hair Brushes/Combs
- Firngernails/Toenail Clippers
- Hair Ties
- Bobby Pins
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Depends (S, M, L)
- Pregnancy Tests
- Baby Clothes
- New Underwear
- New Yoga/Sweatpants
- New Sports Bras
- New Sewatshirts/Loose fitting t-shirts
- New Women's Socks
Infant Hygiene products
- Diapers (Size 4 & 5)
- Baby Wipes
- Antibiotic Cream
- New Bottles
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Dish Soap Cartridges
- Vinegar (White & Apple)
- Mr. Clean Erasers
- Mr. Clean Roller Mop Refills
- Trash Bags (13 gallon)
- Disinfectant Spray
- Paper Towels
- Shower Curtains
Your Summer Adventure Starts Here!
Make sure you have everything you need for your next adventure! Whether you are looking for a boat, car, camper, or ATV, ICCU wants to help get you out and exploring the world this summer. From now until June 30th, ICCU is offering up to 90 days payment-free on almost all of our vehicle loans!* Both new purchases and refinances from other lenders are eligible for this promotion.
Take advantage of no payments for 90 days on:
Talk to a financial service representative to learn more, or apply online!
*Subject to credit approval and lending criteria. ICCU SmartLoans or internal refinances are excluded. Minimum loan value of $5,000. Offer expires 6/30/17.
The ICCU FOCUS Spring Newsletter is availble now! Check it out here.
Included is information regarding:
- 90 days Without Payments on Almost all Vehicle Loans!
- Now Offering 10 and 12 Year Fixed-Rate Terms on Boat & Camper Loans
- ICCU Mobile 2.0 Coming Soon
- HTML emails from ICCU
Visit Isabella Community Credit Union on Thursday, October 20th for our International Credit Union Day celebration! At this time of year, we join millions of members all across the world to celebrate the unique, cooperative spirit of credit unions.
At ICCU, we will be handing out doughnuts and cider in the lobby of each of the 3 credit union locations. Be sure to stop by!
Don't Become a Victim of a Scam!
There are many different scams circling through email, social media, phone calls, and even "snail" mail that can seem legitimate at first glance. Some instances that ICCU has heard of recently included job offers, romantic relationships, or even helping of a friend who is traveling. Please be on the look out and verify information that you receive using external resources (like your credit union) before sending money or information to anyone that you don't know.
You can help to protect yourself!
Follow these helpful tips:
- Do not believe the person you are dealing with is who they say or that their story is truthful until it can be verified thoroughly.
- Professional scammers are often use fake names and information to trick you. Be sure to use even more caution if you have never met the person. The personal information you put on social media can be used by a fraudster to create elaborate stories and situations that seem truthful at first. Do not trust them until you can verify what they say is true.
- Never share your account numbers, PIN numbers, online banking credentials, or personal information with anyone.
- If you believe you are being scammed, contact ICCU as soon as possible!
- The earlier we are notified about fraud on your account, the faster we can take action to prevent losses to your account.
- Report any suspicious activity to local law enforcement.
For more resources, visit ICCU's Online Safety & Fraud Center.
ICCU's SmartLoan... the Smart Choice in New and Pre-owned Vehicle Financing!
How would you like a low payment vehicle loan program that combines the best features of conventional financing along with the benefits of leasing?! Sound too good to be true? ... Well, ICCU has the vehicle financing answer for you... the SmartLoan!
The SmartLoan gives you the best of both worlds. Like a lease, the SmartLoan offers payments considerably lower than conventional financing on your new or pre-owned vehicle. Yet, unlike leasing, with the SmartLoan you own the vehicle and receive all of the flexibility and benefits of vehicle ownership!
Find out how low your SmartLoan payment could be! Use the SmartLoan Payment Calculator to build your car and compare a conventionally financed vehicle payment with the low SmartLoan payment. For more information, contact a Financial Service Representative.
Note: SmartLoan financing is available on used vehicles up to 5 model years old.
Find out more information on the SmartLoan and other ICCU happenings in the Fall 2016 Newsletter.
Here's some highlights:
- ICCU's 11th Annual Community Pie Sale - Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving
- New & Improved Bill Pay in It'sMe247 - Including the addition of PopMoney (look for it at the end of October)
- Receive up to 7,500 BONUS ScoreCard Points - When you open a new ICCU credit card
- Chirstmas Club Account Transfers - November 1st
ICCU's 3rd Annual Play it Safe! Kids Health & Safety Day is coming up on Friday, August 5th! Meet us in Island Park from noon to 4pm for fire truck tours, fingerprint ID Kits, vision testing (perfect for young kids entering school), tours through emergency vehicles, arts and crafts, bike helmet fittings, reindeer and Alpaca, photobooth, along with food, games, and prizes with Captain Penn E. Pincher!
We hope you will join us in the park for this great, free, community event!
A special thanks to our generous sponsors:
- American Red Cross
- Central Michigan District Health Department
- Child and Family Enrichment
- Konwinski Construction
- my 104.3 & AM830
- Ric's Food Center
- Meemic Michael Metro Agency
- Mitchell's Gourmet Deli and Market
- Mid-Michigan Agency, Inc.
- Rent Rite
- Rooftop Landing Reindeer Farm,
- United way
- City of Mt. Pleasant
- Central Michigan University Police Department
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal Police Department
- Michigan State Police Department
- Isabella County Sherriff
Thank you April borrowers!
You helped ICCU donate 57 bags of groceries this year, equalling a donation of $1,140 to the Community Compassion Network! This allows them to purchase 11,400 pounds of food for individuals and families who need it in our community.
Since inception, 4 years ago, we have donated a total of 261 bags of groceries equalling out to 52,200 pounds of food. Thank you for helping us to make a difference in your community!
Are You a Business Owner?
We have the products and services to keep your business growing! With low-fees and low loan rates, ICCU is the best financial institution for your business.
Here are a few of the exceptional business services available at ICCU:
• No minimum balance requirement
• No per check charge or fee
• No monthly service fee
VISA Credit Cards
• Everyday business transactions
• Credit limits up to $20,000
• $50 annual fee
Other Business Lending
• Commercial Real Estate Mortgage
• Secured Closed-End Loans
• Secured Line of Credit
Square Merchant Services
• Point-of-sale tools
• Appointment scheduling
• Instant deposits & online invoicing
Get a free Square Card Reader!
For more information, please contact ICCU at 989.773.5927 x 230.
The latest ICCU Annual Report is now available online!
Check it out to learn all about the financial status and upcoming happenings of your credit union.
Of course, there are no magic wands or legal loopholes that are going to take seven years off your 30-year mortgage. Shaving off a significant portion of your loan has to be done with a little extra effort and investment on your part. But how little of an effort is what tends to shock most borrowers.
This is a simple formula that can be applied to nearly any loan or credit situation. A mortgage, vehicle loan, student loan, credit card — barring any special stipulations, it works for all of them.
What You Need to Do
The ultimate goal is to make the equivalent of one extra payment per year. If you’re current with the loan in question, this entire extra payment can be applied directly to the principal balance, circumventing interest. This is significant because during the early stages of a long-term loan — particularly a mortgage — upwards of 90% of your payment is going to interest and escrow. During those first few years of a 30-year loan, often less than 10% of your payment is applied to the actual amount you borrowed. Shocking, right?
Let’s be realistic. Not many people will be able to simply make a double mortgage payment one month out of the year. The trick is to spread it out over 12 months.
Here’s the formula: Take your normal monthly payment and divide it by 12 (number of months in the year). Now, take that number and add it to your monthly payment. That’s it!
For the sake of nice round monthly payments, let’s look at an example using a 30-year mortgage loan of $107,000 at 5% APR. The monthly payments in this case would be approximately $900 per month:
- $900 ÷ 12 months = $75
- $75 + $900 = new monthly payment of $975
In this instance, we just add $75 per month to our payment. It’s a little extra, sure, but if you’re not spread too thin, here’s why this is a big deal in the long run:
- $900/month = 30 years of payments
- $975/month = 23 years of payments
That’s right, by paying $975 each month instead of $900, we’re able to cut seven years of payments. This same principle can be applied to most credit cards, vehicle loans or other long-term borrowing. As in many financial situations, a small investment in the short-term can pay for itself many times over in the long run.
This year, file your taxes the smarter way, and get your biggest possible refund – guaranteed. TurboTax® guides you every step of the way. Plus, Isabella Community Credit Union members can save up to $15 on TurboTax federal products.
- TurboTax translates taxes into simple questions about your life and puts everything in the right forms for you.
- TurboTax searches over 350 deductions and credits, so you won’t miss a thing.
- TurboTax runs error checks and a final review to help make sure your taxes are done right.
© 2015-2016 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. State filing charges apply. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2015. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Happy Groundhog Day!
The Winter 2016 FOCUS Newsletter is on its way in your monthly statements.
Here's what's going on at ICCU:
• ICCU's Annual Membership meeting is on March 16th at 6pm in the Dr. Dale D. Gust Board and Conference Room.
• The 10th Annual Community Pie Sale provided a fantastic donation to the Child & Family Enrichment Council of Mt. Pleasant.
• West M-20 Branch remodel is complete!
• Coming to ICCU in 2016!
• TruStage Insurance products might save you some money.
We'll use this space to keep you up to date on credit union events, provide financial tips, and have some fun!
As I am sure you have noticed by now, we have completely changed everything about the ICCU website. But don't worry, as always, we are here to help!
Please, let us know what you think.
New things coming to ICCU in 2016:
- ApplePay is available for ICCU Credit Card holders. Click here for more information.
- It'sMe247 Online and Mobile Banking are getting a much needed facelift, everything should stay in the same place though.
- ICCU Mobile App is in the works and should be available for download in the Apple and Google app stores around April 2016.
- Remote Deposit Capture
We are extremely excited for all of the new features and services we will be able to offer ICCU members throughout 2016!
It is looking to be a fantastic year.