Stop by any ICCU office on November 20th and 21st for ICCU's 13th Annual Community Pie Sale!
Pick up a pie, cookies, breads, and/or muffins for your Thanksgiving dinner (or as a snack for your way home!). All baked goods are made by ICCU employees or donated by local businesses.
This year, 100% of your donation will support the William Strickler Nonprofit Center building purchase through the Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation! The Center will provide space for The Care Store, Clothing Inc., Community Compassion Network, and Isabella County Restoration House to better serve our community all under one roof!
To find out more ways to help this very worthy project, visit mpacf.org/nonprofit-center!
Today at the credit union, we had wonderful students from Mary McGuire Elementary visit with us and learn all about what we do!
Stop by an ICCU office on November 21st and 22nd to pick up a pie, cookies, breads, and/or muffins for your Thanksgiving dinner (or as a snack for your way home!).
All baked goods are made by ICCU employees or donated by local businesses.
This year, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Foster Closet in Mt. Pleasant.
Thank you to everyone donating pies and baked goods this year!
With the biggest shopping time of the year right around the corner, don't forget to download CardNav and register your ICCU debit card! With CardNav, you can set up notifications for purchases made on your card, limit transactions by location or by a specific dollar amount. You can even turn off your card with the tap of a button should it become lost or stolen.
Stay protected, use CardNav with your ICCU debit card!
We are excited to announce a new feature in It’sMe247 Online Banking! You are no longer limited to "Right Away" transfers. Schedule recurring transfers (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly) with start and end dates in It’sMe247 Mobile and Online Banking. Login now to see all of the new transfer options available to you!
Are you going south for the winter?
Are you planning a trip?
Don't forget to let us know so you don't have a problem accessing your accounts while you're away!
Print a Traveling Out of Area form and send it to ICCU:
Isabella Community Credit Union
P.O. Box 427
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-0427
- Do not give out personal information.
- Be sure you keep a close eye on all of your accounts and report any suspicious activity right away.
- Monitor your credit report (one free report from each of the three credit agencies, per year) at AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Consider placing a freeze on your credit report by contacting the three credit reporting agencies (Equifax, TransUnion, or Experian) to prevent new credit from being taken out in your name.
- Please click here to learn more.
Receive alerts when purchases are made on your ICCU credit card!
All you need to do is create an account at www.purchasealerts.visa.com, confirm your email address, and add your card information.
Once you’re enrolled, you can set up email or text alerts:
- when a transaction meets or exceeds a certain amount
- if your card is used outside of the United States
- if a purchase is made online or by phone
If you ever become aware of any suspicious activity on any of your ICCU accounts, please let us know as soon as possible.
Let us know if you have any questions or have any trouble!
Bring your little ghosts, goblins, and princesses to downtown Mt. Pleasant for Pumpkin Promenade from 4pm - 6pm on October 31st. Local businesses will be handing out lots of candy for trick-or-treating! Be sure to stop by ICCU's Downtown Branch and say hi!
- Get a true picture of how you spend your money. To help find where your money goes, save all your receipts or track all purchases with your cell phone for at least two weeks. Then, group your expenses into categories, such as entertainment, transportation, food, clothing, and gifts. Figure out how much you're spending each week, month, and year. Click here to learn about MoneyDesktop! It can help your create and stick to a budget. Login to It'sMe247 and click on the "Personal Finance" tab
- Make a list of your income. Write down what you earn from jobs, gifts, and any other sources. Calculate what you make each week, month, and year.
- Evaluate your situation. Do your income and expenses even out? Are you spending more than you're making? Do you have money to spare?
- Create a spending and saving plan. Figure out how much you need to save each month to reach your goals. Then decide how you'll come up with this money.
America's Credit Unions & Credit Union National Association. (1994-2015). Guide To Money. Get ahead of the game. USA: Credit Union National Association Inc.
It’s almost that time of year!
Your Christmas Club account balance will be automatically transferred into your checking or savings account on November 1st.
Remember: Any further additions to your Christmas Club account after the transfer date will be saved for next year.
In 1924, Roy Bergengren, one of the architects of the credit union movement reflected on what a credit union can do for people.
"The credit union is, in fact, a bridge," Bergengren wrote in the inaugural issue of "The Bridge," the official newsletter of the American credit union movement, which was then in its infancy. "It may be the bridge over which the tenant farmer travels the wide gap that separates him from ownership. It may be the way that opens the great land of opportunity to the wage worker, who finds his savings the 'open sesame' to broader possibilities for himself and his family."
Twenty-four years later, in 1948, credit unions in America, and later around the world, began celebrating the philosophy and achievements of credit unions every year on the third Thursday in October. The theme for International Credit Union Day 2017 is "Dreams Thrive Here," harkens back to Bergengren's sentiment, and it's meant to serve as a reminder of how effective credit unions, like Isabella Community Credit Union, are at helping all people chase and achieve their biggest dreams in life.
This is because, unlike other financial institutions, credit unions are not-for-profit, so their primary purpose isn't to score record profits in order to cut distant shareholders bigger dividends checks. Rather, the primary purpose of credit unions is-- and always has been-- to be of service to their members. That means you.
This people-first philosophy doesn't just mean better service, it translates into a better financial deal for consumers. Credit unions, on average, offer higher rates of return on savings accounts, lower rates on loans, and fewer and lower fees than other financial institutions.
Through the first half of 2016, according to data collected by the Credit Union National Association, credit union members saved $9.3 billion over what they would have paid at bank: $1.9 billion though higher yields on savings, $1.2 billion on lower fees, and $6.2 billion on lower loan rates.
Please just us at any ICCU office on October 19th for the International Credit Union Day celebration!
Maybe we'll even sing* this song written for International Credit Union Day in 1955 and published in The Bridge.
Hail all hail to Credit Unions
They’re life save through and through
For the cash you lay away
To combat the rainy day
For the loans you need
To make your dreams come true
* Don't worry--we won't. We actually want you to come!
On October 19th, ICCU will, along with more than 56,000 credit unions around the world, celebrate International Credit Union Day, and the philosophy and achievements of the credit union movement.
ICCU celebrates International Credit Union Day because we believe the not-fo-profit structure and people-first principles of credit unions make us the ideal financial partner for all people. This year's International Credit Union Day theme is "Dreams Thrive Here," a celebration of how credit unions help people achieve their biggest goals in life.
The public is welcome to stop by any ICCU office for donuts and cider on October 19th to celebrate this worldwide movement that's made helping people its Number 1 priority for more than 160 years.
With International Credit Union Day right around the corner, we'd like to clear up the four biggest myths about credit unions.
- They aren't big enough. There are big and small credit unions, but just like bank's, your deposits at a credit union are insured by the federal government up to $250,000.
- It will be hard to access my money. Credit unions have access to a network of 30,000 free ATMs and 5,000 shared branching locations, making it easy for you to access your money anywhere.
- I can't join. Anybody can join a credit union. You may be eligible based on your employer, where you live, or your family, as most credit unions allow members' families to join.
- They don't offer as many perks as banks. Credit unions offer the same financial products as banks - checking account, debit and credit cards, online banking , IRAs (individual retirement accoutns), and home and auto loans - but because they're not-for-profit, the often offer better rates than banks.
If you are interested in joining ICCU, stop by any ICCU office!
Visit any Isabella Community Credit Union branch on Thursday, October 19th, for our annual International Credit Union Day celebration!
On the third Thursday of October, we join 222 million people worldwide in celebrating 160 years of credit unions putting the dreams of people before profit.
Stop by the Comfort Inn on Thursday from 4pm - 7pm for the Business & Community Expo! Be sure to visit ICCU's table to win PRIZES!
Hope to see you there!
Don’t pay more than you need to for your new vehicle! The SmartLoan is the perfect option for you if you want a lower payment and love driving newer vehicles.
Why is the SmartLoan a Smart Choice?
• Payments are up to 40% less than conventional auto loans
• You control your loan with term, mileage, and end-of-term options
• You retain ownership of the vehicle
• Drive a newer car, more often
Click here to learn more about the SmartLoan or talk to us!
Coming Soon: Same day processing of Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits
Currently debit transactions are posted to accounts once per day while credit transactions are posted multiple times per day. As of September 15, 2017, debit transactions will also be posted multiple times per day.
How does this affect me?
Transactions such as checks converted to ACH and bill payments will post to your account multiple times throughout the business day.
What are the benefits of same day ACH debits?
The conversion to same day ACH debits will enable you to make easier on-time bill payments as well as faster crediting when you are moving money among accounts that you own at different financial institutions.
How does this affect me?
In the past, you may have checked your account in online banking or mobile banking in the morning and known that no more ACH debits would post that day. Going forward, items may post to your account throughout the day. Also, ACH payments authorized over the phone or online, plus checks that payees convert to ACH payments, could post to your account the same day they're authorized.
Will my direct deposit be affected?
No. Your direct deposit will continue to be credited to your account on the correct posting date set by the originator of the payment.
Debit items could post to your account the same day they're authorized. To avoid overdrafts, funds should be in your account before you authorize any payment.
ICCU is collecting items for moms in need at all offices! Donated items will be picked up on May 14th and delivered to Women's Aid Service on Mother's Day.
Needed Items (New or Unused items only, please)
Personal Hygiene products:
- Hair Brushes/Combs
- Firngernails/Toenail Clippers
- Hair Ties
- Bobby Pins
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Depends (S, M, L)
- Pregnancy Tests
- Baby Clothes
- New Underwear
- New Yoga/Sweatpants
- New Sports Bras
- New Sewatshirts/Loose fitting t-shirts
- New Women's Socks
Infant Hygiene products
- Diapers (Size 4 & 5)
- Baby Wipes
- Antibiotic Cream
- New Bottles
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Dish Soap Cartridges
- Vinegar (White & Apple)
- Mr. Clean Erasers
- Mr. Clean Roller Mop Refills
- Trash Bags (13 gallon)
- Disinfectant Spray
- Paper Towels
- Shower Curtains
Your Summer Adventure Starts Here!
Make sure you have everything you need for your next adventure! Whether you are looking for a boat, car, camper, or ATV, ICCU wants to help get you out and exploring the world this summer. From now until June 30th, ICCU is offering up to 90 days payment-free on almost all of our vehicle loans!* Both new purchases and refinances from other lenders are eligible for this promotion.
Take advantage of no payments for 90 days on:
Talk to a financial service representative to learn more, or apply online!
*Subject to credit approval and lending criteria. ICCU SmartLoans or internal refinances are excluded. Minimum loan value of $5,000. Offer expires 6/30/17.
The ICCU FOCUS Spring Newsletter is availble now! Check it out here.
Included is information regarding:
- 90 days Without Payments on Almost all Vehicle Loans!
- Now Offering 10 and 12 Year Fixed-Rate Terms on Boat & Camper Loans
- ICCU Mobile 2.0 Coming Soon
- HTML emails from ICCU
Visit Isabella Community Credit Union on Thursday, October 20th for our International Credit Union Day celebration! At this time of year, we join millions of members all across the world to celebrate the unique, cooperative spirit of credit unions.
At ICCU, we will be handing out doughnuts and cider in the lobby of each of the 3 credit union locations. Be sure to stop by!
Don't Become a Victim of a Scam!
There are many different scams circling through email, social media, phone calls, and even "snail" mail that can seem legitimate at first glance. Some instances that ICCU has heard of recently included job offers, romantic relationships, or even helping of a friend who is traveling. Please be on the look out and verify information that you receive using external resources (like your credit union) before sending money or information to anyone that you don't know.
You can help to protect yourself!
Follow these helpful tips:
- Do not believe the person you are dealing with is who they say or that their story is truthful until it can be verified thoroughly.
- Professional scammers are often use fake names and information to trick you. Be sure to use even more caution if you have never met the person. The personal information you put on social media can be used by a fraudster to create elaborate stories and situations that seem truthful at first. Do not trust them until you can verify what they say is true.
- Never share your account numbers, PIN numbers, online banking credentials, or personal information with anyone.
- If you believe you are being scammed, contact ICCU as soon as possible!
- The earlier we are notified about fraud on your account, the faster we can take action to prevent losses to your account.
- Report any suspicious activity to local law enforcement.
For more resources, visit ICCU's Online Safety & Fraud Center.
ICCU's SmartLoan... the Smart Choice in New and Pre-owned Vehicle Financing!
How would you like a low payment vehicle loan program that combines the best features of conventional financing along with the benefits of leasing?! Sound too good to be true? ... Well, ICCU has the vehicle financing answer for you... the SmartLoan!
The SmartLoan gives you the best of both worlds. Like a lease, the SmartLoan offers payments considerably lower than conventional financing on your new or pre-owned vehicle. Yet, unlike leasing, with the SmartLoan you own the vehicle and receive all of the flexibility and benefits of vehicle ownership!
Find out how low your SmartLoan payment could be! Use the SmartLoan Payment Calculator to build your car and compare a conventionally financed vehicle payment with the low SmartLoan payment. For more information, contact a Financial Service Representative.
Note: SmartLoan financing is available on used vehicles up to 5 model years old.
Find out more information on the SmartLoan and other ICCU happenings in the Fall 2016 Newsletter.
Here's some highlights:
- ICCU's 11th Annual Community Pie Sale - Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving
- New & Improved Bill Pay in It'sMe247 - Including the addition of PopMoney (look for it at the end of October)
- Receive up to 7,500 BONUS ScoreCard Points - When you open a new ICCU credit card
- Chirstmas Club Account Transfers - November 1st
ICCU's 3rd Annual Play it Safe! Kids Health & Safety Day is coming up on Friday, August 5th! Meet us in Island Park from noon to 4pm for fire truck tours, fingerprint ID Kits, vision testing (perfect for young kids entering school), tours through emergency vehicles, arts and crafts, bike helmet fittings, reindeer and Alpaca, photobooth, along with food, games, and prizes with Captain Penn E. Pincher!
We hope you will join us in the park for this great, free, community event!
A special thanks to our generous sponsors:
- American Red Cross
- Central Michigan District Health Department
- Child and Family Enrichment
- Konwinski Construction
- my 104.3 & AM830
- Ric's Food Center
- Meemic Michael Metro Agency
- Mitchell's Gourmet Deli and Market
- Mid-Michigan Agency, Inc.
- Rent Rite
- Rooftop Landing Reindeer Farm,
- United way
- City of Mt. Pleasant
- Central Michigan University Police Department
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal Police Department
- Michigan State Police Department
- Isabella County Sherriff
Thank you April borrowers!
You helped ICCU donate 57 bags of groceries this year, equalling a donation of $1,140 to the Community Compassion Network! This allows them to purchase 11,400 pounds of food for individuals and families who need it in our community.
Since inception, 4 years ago, we have donated a total of 261 bags of groceries equalling out to 52,200 pounds of food. Thank you for helping us to make a difference in your community!
We have the products and services to keep your business growing! With low-fees and low loan rates, ICCU is the best financial institution for your business.
Here are a few of the exceptional business services available at ICCU:
• No minimum balance requirement
• No per check charge or fee
• No monthly service fee
VISA Credit Cards
• Everyday business transactions
• Credit limits up to $20,000
• $50 annual fee
Other Business Lending
• Commercial Real Estate Mortgage
• Secured Closed-End Loans
• Secured Line of Credit
Square Merchant Services
• Point-of-sale tools
• Appointment scheduling
• Instant deposits & online invoicing
Get a free Square Card Reader!
For more information, please contact ICCU at 989.773.5927 x 230.
The latest ICCU Annual Report is now available online!
Check it out to learn all about the financial status and upcoming happenings of your credit union.
Of course, there are no magic wands or legal loopholes that are going to take seven years off your 30-year mortgage. Shaving off a significant portion of your loan has to be done with a little extra effort and investment on your part. But how little of an effort is what tends to shock most borrowers.
This is a simple formula that can be applied to nearly any loan or credit situation. A mortgage, vehicle loan, student loan, credit card — barring any special stipulations, it works for all of them.
What You Need to Do
The ultimate goal is to make the equivalent of one extra payment per year. If you’re current with the loan in question, this entire extra payment can be applied directly to the principal balance, circumventing interest. This is significant because during the early stages of a long-term loan — particularly a mortgage — upwards of 90% of your payment is going to interest and escrow. During those first few years of a 30-year loan, often less than 10% of your payment is applied to the actual amount you borrowed. Shocking, right?
Let’s be realistic. Not many people will be able to simply make a double mortgage payment one month out of the year. The trick is to spread it out over 12 months.
Here’s the formula: Take your normal monthly payment and divide it by 12 (number of months in the year). Now, take that number and add it to your monthly payment. That’s it!
For the sake of nice round monthly payments, let’s look at an example using a 30-year mortgage loan of $107,000 at 5% APR. The monthly payments in this case would be approximately $900 per month:
- $900 ÷ 12 months = $75
- $75 + $900 = new monthly payment of $975
In this instance, we just add $75 per month to our payment. It’s a little extra, sure, but if you’re not spread too thin, here’s why this is a big deal in the long run:
- $900/month = 30 years of payments
- $975/month = 23 years of payments
That’s right, by paying $975 each month instead of $900, we’re able to cut seven years of payments. This same principle can be applied to most credit cards, vehicle loans or other long-term borrowing. As in many financial situations, a small investment in the short-term can pay for itself many times over in the long run.
This year, file your taxes the smarter way, and get your biggest possible refund – guaranteed. TurboTax® guides you every step of the way. Plus, Isabella Community Credit Union members can save up to $15 on TurboTax federal products.
- TurboTax translates taxes into simple questions about your life and puts everything in the right forms for you.
- TurboTax searches over 350 deductions and credits, so you won’t miss a thing.
- TurboTax runs error checks and a final review to help make sure your taxes are done right.
© 2015-2016 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. State filing charges apply. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2015. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Happy Groundhog Day!
The Winter 2016 FOCUS Newsletter is on its way in your monthly statements.
Here's what's going on at ICCU:
• ICCU's Annual Membership meeting is on March 16th at 6pm in the Dr. Dale D. Gust Board and Conference Room.
• The 10th Annual Community Pie Sale provided a fantastic donation to the Child & Family Enrichment Council of Mt. Pleasant.
• West M-20 Branch remodel is complete!
• Coming to ICCU in 2016!
• TruStage Insurance products might save you some money.
We'll use this space to keep you up to date on credit union events, provide financial tips, and have some fun!
As I am sure you have noticed by now, we have completely changed everything about the ICCU website. But don't worry, as always, we are here to help!
Please, let us know what you think.
New things coming to ICCU in 2016:
- ApplePay is available for ICCU Credit Card holders. Click here for more information.
- It'sMe247 Online and Mobile Banking are getting a much needed facelift, everything should stay in the same place though.
- ICCU Mobile App is in the works and should be available for download in the Apple and Google app stores around April 2016.
- Remote Deposit Capture
We are extremely excited for all of the new features and services we will be able to offer ICCU members throughout 2016!
It is looking to be a fantastic year.